The presence of an HIV virus in the body can now be confidentially taken right in the home. HIV if left untreated could process to full-blown AIDS or Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome which destroys the immune system of the body making it vulnerable to even the most harmless infections. HIV is the onset of the disease which can lie dormant in the body for years which could surprise some infected people since they have never experienced any symptoms which they have inadvertently passed on to other people. Undergoing an HIV test is very important even when asymptomatic and here’s why:
- Control the infection – Every year there are around 56,000 Americans that get infected with the HIV virus. The reason for the spread of infection is because these infected individuals have no idea that they have the virus and pass it on to their partners. Unexpected HIV blood tests performed for reasons of blood donation or other purposes would often be the way to discover the infection. Having yourself tested at home or laboratories can stop the spread of the infection in the event that you test positive for the HIV virus.
- Confidential and private – The shame and stigma of going to a testing center or laboratory would be enough to discourage anyone from having the tests done. Yet, you feel that having the tests done is imperative for your peace of mind and also for your health as well. The advent of home test kits gives you the convenience of having it done in the privacy of your home. To further protect your privacy, always remember to dispose of the test kit properly after use.
- Convenient and easy to use – The AIDS test could be conveniently bought online and the kit comes with easy-to-follow instructions to get specimens from you. The blood sample is sent to a laboratory’s name attached to the kit which you can call after a few days to find out the results of the test.
- Accurate – The Home test kits bear the stamp of approval from the FDA which means that it has met the standards set for it. It is also very accurate so long as you follow the directions. The laboratory that you send the sample to has met CLIA requirements which are an assurance that the results will be 99% accurate.
- Reassurance – One way to give yourself reassurance is to get an HIV test to find out if you have been infected if you know that you recently had an unprotected sexual activity. In the worst case scenario you discover that you have acquired the virus, it could save your life as well as contain the spread of contaminating other partners.
Choosing to have an HIV test done is a sign of responsibility on your part. Having unprotected sex is your choice and the most responsible thing that you can do for yourself and your future partners is to have yourself tested to confirm or to reassure yourself that you are free from the HIV virus.Read More